Monday, January 13, 2014

Losing that Baby Weight

While pregnant with Sam I really got a big belly but not much else. It went away (well - the belly kinda stayed, but at least I could fit into my clothes) pretty quickly. I don't know if it's because I'm three years older, because I was in bed for MONTHS, or what, but with Elie, I got a little bigger in a few more places (ass, legs, etc). I wasn't too worried, but it is kinda inconvenient to not fit into any of your clothes.

Well...it turns out that I found the perfect solution to getting my body back! Have a baby that doesn't sleep!! I walk MILES per day in my apartment. I bounce on our exercise ball for about four hours per day. I walk back from downtown as much as possible because it means that he MIGHT nap for just a few minutes in the ergo carrier. I don't have time to eat lunch and by the time it's evening, I don't even want dinner, I'm so tired.

Don't forget breastfeeding about every two hours for the entire day, including night, for the last five months. That must burn some calories - and I only feed him about half the times he wakes up at night - usually when I just can't handle trying to put him to sleep AGAIN and I'm losing my mind.

Hey- the muscle tone is also pretty grand. My arms are super toned, as I spend hours per day patching the baby's tush, while don't all that I can to not move his position the second his eyes start to get drowsy. Yeah, sometimes I feel like my arms are so tired they will fall off, but no matter - if he's about to sleep, I don't matter. The legs also feel pretty good after bouncing for hours per day. Oh, the abs - yes - getting that core back is easy when you spend up to two hours per day leaning over your baby's crib to patch his tush or the side of his leg while he jerks awake and tries to fall back asleep (forget about the back ache - that's for another post).

So...I can fit back into my clothes.

But...I might wither away if this continues too long...

No comments: