Monday, March 16, 2009

Shock

I have a few shocks:
Cold Shock
Non-Kosher Shock
Running Shock
General Shock

Cold Shock:
It's cold in Philadelphia. My poor skin.

Non-Kosher Shock:
I went to a grocery store today, and I realized that the last time I went shopping in the USA I kept kosher. Now I can buy anything I want. Cheese is half the price (that's the only thing I bought that wasn't hechshered). It might not actually change my behavior, but it was an interesting feeling. Also, I ran into Zomick's challah. I love that stuff, and I had forgotten that it existed.

Running Shock:
Last night I agreed to go for a run with Adile this morning. At INSEAD I ran everyday - for a half hour. I haven't run in about three weeks. We started, and Adile let me know that we were running 6 miles. No way. Well, I ended up running about 4 or 5. My knees hurt. I feel it in my hip. I'm getting old.

General Shock:
Since I came to the US I haven't really stopped - until two hours ago tonight. I had constant (wonderful) friends in Michigan, and then arrived in Philly last night, went out right away with some INSEAD folk, got up, went running, went shopping, went to pick up a rental car, showered and ate cereal (yeah!) as fast as I could, drove to Ellen's wedding, had a great time, drove back, walked back to my dorm, and I feel like I'm going to crash!!

...until I saw that I have TONS of readings for tomorrow morning, and the downloading will take over an hour! I believe I will have to go to sleep and hope the download completes so I can check them out in the morning. Oh yeah, I have to go to school.

No comments: