Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Convenience of Convenient

My friend, Tali (happy birthday, Tali!!) told me to live on campus. She said that INSEAD would be hard to navigate from Bedok. Tali was right. I stayed in Bedok, and it's been hard. My commute in the morning is 1 hour and 10 minutes, and though I get a lot done on the train, I have to leave at 6:45 in order to for sure make my first class. If I miss all three modes of transportation, it could take 1 hour and 45 minutes...It sucks. I don't like the commute. When I go home at night. I'm home. I don't go out for dinner with INSEAD folks, and I don't go to the bars with them too often. When I do go out, I often feel bad, because it means I won't see Matt at all that day (Matt are you reading my blog while I'm gone?).

Philadelphia is a new world. My dorm is a block from campus. I could leave ten minutes before class and be on time. I can go for a group meeting at any time, go home and change, and then I can go out for dinner. I can do anything I want. I'm a 15 minute bus ride from Center City rather than a 1 hour bus ride or 40 minute MRT ride from downtown Singapore, and I am loving it.

Convenience really is convenient!

No comments: