Sunday, November 4, 2007

Halloween

Last night Matt and I went to a Halloween party. It was at the house of someone Matt met from work at the Fed and with JP Morgan, and we really like her and her husband. Their kids are even cool - they're cute, but they're super smart too. I like smart kids.

Anyways, costumes were highly recommended. It was a pretty funny party, since there were lots of (dressed up and cute as hell) kids there, but there were also a good number of adults and some amount of alcohol. We had a great time, and we met a lot of wonderful people.

Matt dressed up as Batman (we forgot to take pictures, but I'm going to make him put on his super tight costume so I can post a picture). He looked good, and he got quite a few stares as we walked down the street to the party.

I was going to dress up as a volleyball player (since I had knee pads and a volleyball). I have always felt like renting/buying a costume is sort of selling out (and I'm cheap). In America, when I have all of my reserves available to me, I can usually put together fun costumes, but here, we really just brought with us the (sort-of) bare minimum. I got nothing to work with.

I went out with my friends, Marc and Arthur, this week, and they mentioned that Arthur was an iPod when they had dressed up over the weekend. I took that idea and ran with it. I dove into my arts and crafts bin (which obviously is part of the bare minimum that we brought to Singapore), and I made myself into an iPod - really a black iPod Nano. I had a wheel, a screen, some headphones, and I had an apple on my ass. I must say, I looked pretty good. I decided to actually go through with the idea at 5:00 pm, I worked until 6:00, we got there at 7:30, and I won the contest for most creative costume about an hour later. Go me!!! I was flattered, but I give full idea credit to Arthur.

Yesterday we also went to a play called Good People. It was a small theater production right near our house. It dealt with a lot of issues - life, death, drugs, Singaporean tight law, relationships, passion...lots of things. The acting was outstanding, and the story was good. We really enjoyed.

I asked one of my co-workers whether or not the change clocks here - I felt like an idiot immediately after. We are ON the equator, and we have NO seasons. No. We do not change our clocks. I think that means that we will be 13 hours ahead of the US E. Coast after Sunday morning.

GO BLUE!!!

No comments: