Thursday, November 1, 2007

Crabby

I'm crabby.

I don't mean whiney (though I have been that a lot lately...).

I don't mean Krabi - like the place that me, Matt, Jer and Josh are going in December (in Thailand).

I mean I ate so much crab tonight, and it got all over my body. The crab's body was literally bigger than my entire hand (including fingers). We went out with two of Matt's friends from grad school to a place in Geylang, where all of the legal prostitutes are. Unfortunately I didn't get to see the prostitutes, since we finished dinner too late, but the area looked really cool.

We had a whole family of prawn - three each - and they were so fricken good. This was one of the first times in my life that I pulled apart an animal and ate it. I even touched the crab's eyeball (but I didn't touch the prawn's eyeballs - they were grosser). It actually tasted really good. The last time we went for crab I felt like it was a lot of work with very little reward, but this was just really tasty. Selina (one of the friends) said that they're Sri Lankan crabs. Maybe they make them tasty down there (over there?).

1 comment:

Ruthie said...

I just want to remind you that there are different meanings to "crabs."
Feel free to delete this comment.