Friday, November 2, 2007

Carlebach in Singapore?

So, just in case you thought I was TOTALLY not Jewish anymore (after my last posting...), I went to shul tonight. They have an Ashkenazi (E. European Jewish) service once a month, and this month they did a Carlebach service. There was LOTS of singing, and it was really really great. I loved it. Turns out there are some parts of Judaism that make me happy - I'm sure this surprises you if you know me. :)

It might also surprise you (if you know Matt) that he didn't go. Rather, he went to the costume shop and rented a costume. What is it? You'll have to wait to see pictures after the Halloween party tomorrow night.

Matt's growing even more attached to the little kitten (who weights 1.1 kg, btw). She is REALLY cute, but she's so scared of the world, it's hard to be friends with her. I generally am attracted to confident people - those like Splinter who just walk up to people and push their head against your ankle. This little kitty (which has continued to remain nameless) runs the other way when the leaves blow two centimeters.

Yesterday the MRT was closed for an hour. They had announcements in four languages, they fixed it quickly, you could UNDERSTAND the announcement (unlike NYC...). I couldn't believe it closed, and I couldn't believe how efficiently it closed and opened.

No comments: