Thursday, August 14, 2008

Overmedicated

So...I finally went to the doctor. I felt like five days of crazy amounts of mucus warranted this visit.

Basically my symptoms were of a cold (the flu part is gone, I think).

When I went to leave, they gave me the following medications:
antibiotic (for sinus infection, which I believe I have) - I took this one
some medication for fever and head ache - I denied this one
some medication for decongestant - I denied this one (we have at home)
cough syrup - I took it just in case I can't sleep at night
some steroid for my lungs - I took it because I have a hard time fighting chest infections
ventalin in pill form (which isn't as extreme) - I took it - why not try this one?

That's SIX medications. Whoa.

2 comments:

Anna said...

You had a sinus infection when I first met you. Maybe there's a correlation between you getting them and starting new school-type things?

Matt and Melanie Hildebrandt said...

Yes! That's the only other sinus infection I have ever had. I remember I had it when I went to Meesh's for RH dinner...you were there. We weren't friends yet. :)

I'm feeling better...finally, but still super stuffy.