Monday, March 10, 2008

Remember?

Remember when I blogged about life in Singapore?
Well...now it's just about life with Kitty McSchmitterson.

This weekend was pretty exciting. Saturday we got our air conditioning fixed (sort of). We also went to the market, ate some fish balls, and we took the kitty to the vet. As mentioned above, she got the okay to go outside, so when Matt and I went to dinner with friends on Saturday night, we left her outside where she used to hang out before she started living with us.

We had an excellent dinner and drinks (our favorite Indian place, obviously), and when we came back, the Scmitty was nowhere to be found. I looked for literally two hours, and all of the other cats came running and gathered at our balcony (literally, at least six), but no kitty. I was really upset. I was sad because I was worried for her, but I also realized that I loved her too much, and I lost the battle. Remember when I didn't giver her a name, because I didn't want to become attached. Oops.

Well, I didn't sleep much at all, and at six something I got up to go look for her again. I found her, but she was totally unresponsive (usually she runs up to me when she sees me), and she wouldn't even look at me. I picked her up, and she meowed like a nutty elephant. I was worried. I brought her home, and she hid behind the door in the bathroom for hours. She didn't eat or drink, and all she did was sleep or sit and be miserable. She didn't even want to be pet. I think that the vaccination made her sick, and she had a little kitty flu, but I was super worried. As an update, she has played about four times since yesterday morning (usually she gets in at least 25 per day), so it's better than none, but she's not exactly in tip top shape. Right now she is sleeping on a blanket on a shelf in a closet - wedged in between the blanket and the shelf. Actually, I'll include a picture. It's funny.

Matt and I took a scuba underwater photography class in a pool on Sunday. It was definitely not my favorite thing I have done since I moved to Singapore. Then I got to study a little Gemara. I like that.

An update on the lentil stew - I tried again tonight, and I succeeded, but the water didn't evaporate enough, so I took out the potato chunks (and some of the carrot chunks) and immersion blendered the rest, and it's a great soup.

I still won't try the apple cake again, though.

No comments: