Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Hunter

Well, Matt picked out the name Hunter for our cat.

He picked it the most lame way. When my friend Deeksha sent me a link to the SPCA website where she saw a cat that looked like Splinter (the long lost cat that we think got killed), Matt and I scrolled through all of the super cute cats together, and there was one that looked a lot like our current kitty. Her/his name was Hunter. Matt decided that our kitty's name should be Hunter. I clearly disagreed.

Until last night.

I got home after a fun night of dinner and talking with a few new friends, and I was proofreading another friend's paper. Just chilling on the couch (Matt is in Vietnam). Well...in walks present number 1. Little miss kitty brought in a cockroach - put it right next to me and started batting it around, and when it walked too far away, she either hit it back or picked it up in her mouth to bring it back. I got a shoe, picked her up and crunched the thing into pieces. I asked her very nicely not to do that again.

Unfortunately she must be a Chinese speaking cat, because ten minutes later in she walked with present number 2. This one got away quickly and ran under our tv stand. She went around to the back of the unit and waited for the cockroach to appear, which it did, and she promptly picked it up in her mouth and brought it to me and started batting it, etc. I was totally grossed out, but I killed this one also.

I hate killing cockroaches because they crunch.
When you pick it up in a tissue, you can actually feel the body. I used paper towel, and that barely helped!
White stuff comes out.

The kicker (ha!) was that I was just on the floor playing with the kitty (possibly named Hunter at this point), and I saw a cockroach leg or antenna or something. GRODY McGRODERSON!!!

No comments: