Sunday, February 16, 2014

Great Customer Service

I hate bad customer service. I'm always happy to complain about that (or really anything - just ask Matt or my mom).

But I have recently experienced two incidents of excellent customer service and wanted to acknowledge them.


1) The sleep sac: Aden and Anais

We received a sleep sac for Elie, as a gift from Marquita, a friend of Zaydie. It's Aden and Anais brand, lightweight, and it seemed like it would be perfect for Singapore weather, where you want the sleep sac sleep cue but you don't want the actual sleep sac because it's hot as balls. All the time.

Once we were finally able to lose the swaddle, I brought out the sleep sacs. One that we had used for Sam now had a broken zipper. And I tried to use this one. I used it for one day and the zipper broke as well. I thought it can't hurt to email the company and tell them. I told them what happened, and they sent me a new one, immediately...to Singapore! In the meantime (while it shipped...) I bought a few used ones, so we're using those until they get too small and then we will try this one again. That's good customer service.


2) The water bottle: Comfort Delgro Taxi

Last Thursday Sam, Elie and I took a taxi to visit Oscar and Stephanie and see their new apartment. On the way home Sam dropped her water bottle on the floor of the taxi. I totally forgot to get it once we got back home (imagine: one sit n'stroll that I have to convince Sam to get out of and help push, plus Elie's car seat and the stroller so I can push him...plus my bag...getting out of a taxi alone is HECTIC!). It was 100% my fault. It was her SUPER IMPORTANT STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE SCHOOL WATERBOTTLE. Actually - it isn't so important (in non-3-year old worlds) at all. Matt said forget about it and go buy a new one. I thought I might as well TRY...

I didn't realize the bottle was gone until Friday am when I went to pack her school bag. I didn't have a second to deal with it until sometime on Friday late afternoon. The website form for a lost item didn't work, so I called the company and made my report. Because I'm slightly crazy with numbers, I happen to remember the number of the taxi, even though I had deleted all of the taxi confirmation messages from my phone that night. Lucky.

Saturday evening I received a call that they had contacted the driver and he has it. They gave me his hand phone number and his name, Mr. Ng. I texted him on Sunday and said that I appreciate that he had it and could he please drop it somewhere near an MRT station and I would come get it anywhere on the island. He called back and said he would drop it at my condo with the guards when he was around Little India later today. Our condo has about a million people and the guards can't really collect things for so many people. They're usually totally unwilling (though I haven't asked in years). I asked the guard on duty in the late afternoon if he could please keep an eye open, and rather than saying no, he took my unit number and mobile number and said yes. (Note- this guard always holds the door for me when I'm coming in and out with the kids). Sure enough, I received a call later in the evening from the driver, saying that he dropped it at my condo. Then I received a call from the guard saying that he had the water bottle. Seriously - that was above and beyond the taxi driver's job. It was a water bottle. I wrote to the company to give the positive feedback, and I really hope that this guy has someone treat him so nicely in the future.

Well done people. Well done.

No comments: