Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Fantasy Baseball Wife

Most of the time, I mind being a fantasy baseball wife.

The draft is coming up, so there have been HOURS of preparation put into which players Matt should choose. "Honey, you have to see my spreadsheet!" I don't care about your spreadsheet. "Just look - you won't believe how I put this together with their stats from last year plus their...blah blah blah." I really don't care.

It takes up an insane amount of Matt's time during baseball season. I come home and he's figuring out who should sit for the next day and why he's not doing as well as he should be doing. "Matt, want to talk about our days?" "Mel - I have to figure out my fantasy stuff. Want to see? You can see where I stand in terms of RBIs, pitching...Just look for a second." Nope. Still don't care.

Then there are the phone calls. In the middle of the day. At work. "Honey, I have bad news." What? Someone died? You got fired? WHAT?! "My star pitcher is injured!" I just so don't care.

There are also the positive calls like, "Guess what!?" What? "This one guy on my team hit a grand slam!! Can you believe it!?"

There are also the endless phone conversations between Matt and his grad school buddies who are in the fantasy league. "I'll trade you Joe Schmoe for Joe Blow." "No way, dude. That's a horrible trade. If you want, though, for the 2011 season you can have one of my draft picks, and in 2013 I will trade you Joe No, and then you can keep him for the start of the 2014 season."

The draft for this season is coming up. Let the fun begin!

Dude - it's FANTASY! It's not real!

In other news, our Kitty had a false alarm of an eye infection. She didn't open her eye for a day (or we were really hot so she couldn't stop winking at us), but she seems to be fine now. Phew.

Life has been really boring, which is why it has taken me more than a week to update my blog. The only exciting news is that at the end of last week I finished Andre Agassi's autobiography which was one of my favorite books I have ever read. Read it and talk to me about it.

Even though we still have 36 more hours before our trip, we are totally already on vacation. So hard to work those last few days...One more work day to go!

1 comment:

DeDe said...

A friend of mine read the Andre Agassi book and loved it!. You are the 2nd person in 24 hours to give it a thumbs up. It is on my list.