Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Flying Roacheroos

MOM - DO NOT READ THIS POSTING!!!

Sunday there was an upside down, dead cockroach outside of our door (not to be confused with the lambchop which was outside of our door some weeks ago).

Last night the cat ran out from some hiding spot and watched a big bug flying around the light in our hallway. I decided it was too big to run the risk of it coming into our apartment, and I closed the door.

Matt and I were then playing backgammon in bed, and a big bug flew in. I thought it was a moth. I thought that Matt should kill it. I saw it land on the curtain. It was a MAMA-HUGE-FLYING-COCKROACH! I had heard about them, but I had never seen them. It looked just like a normal cockroach, but bigger and apparently winged.

YUCK YUCK YUCK YUCK

Matt shooed it out the window with a broom.

I kind of wish we killed it. Is that unethical?

We went out with a great Israeli couple tonight. Ate amazing Japanese food. Doesn't quite make up for the cockroach...

1 comment:

Jason said...

It is absolutely and totally ethical to kill a cockroach. I'm not much for killing things (unless to eat them), and I will even save spiders because they eat bugs (much to Karen's shagrin). However, cockroaches are disgusting, unsettling, and provide little value in the grand scheme of things. It's OK to kill them.