Friday, September 11, 2009

Keyless

I have gone almost completely keyless.

When I lived in the States (let's say DC), I had:
A key to my apartment building
A key to my apartment
A key to my work
A key to my parents' house (just in case)
A key to Matt's place

Now:
I have a key to my work

Our apartment building has card access for the complex and the building. Our door has a code - no key at all! We cannot afford a car in Singapore, but I do have a card to ride the busses and MRT...My parents live too far away for a key to be useful, and I now share an apartment with Matt.

So...I have one key, and it stays in my backpack. When we go out at night, all I need is a wallet and a phone. Pretty futuristic. I wonder what my kids will play with/eat?

2 comments:

Anna said...

In college my friends had a sign taped to their door that said: Did you remember your:
-keys
-wallet
-ID (for the dorm)

There was no phone on that list. Now that it's the future you need your phone but not your keys. Weird.

(Also, one time my friend was visiting and he saw that sign and was like, you have the cleverest friends, making sure they remember their id when they leave. And I was like, ID genius. Sorry, that was off topic).

Jillian said...

I guess since you're a day ahead of the rest of us, you get to be futuristic.