Sunday, January 27, 2008

The Singapore Swing

After a super relaxing day of doing nothing (other than shopping, playing tennis, cleaning and swimming), I went to my friend's house last night for a fancy ladies' party. It was really cute - she and her husband made amazing food, and we all got dressed up and ate good food, drank good drinks, and did that all with china, crystal and silver. It doesn't happen too much in Singapore. Usually I'm a hawker stall kind of girl. It was really fun.

After major fears of a hangover, Matt and I got up this morning and met that same friend and her husband (Tenley and Jeff) at this zip line course near our house. When we got there, I saw the kids' course, which I thought was the adult course, and I worried that it would be unreasonably lame, but in fact it turned out to be really fun. There were four or so zip lines, and the rest of it is going through different types of obstacle courses - like walking on wires, logs, swinging on ropes, climbing ladders, etc. I think we all really enjoyed it. I'm not sure I need to go back there, but it was a really fun thing to do on a weekend (we are a bit running low on those in this country...).

Afterwards we went to East Coast Park, walked around a bit, got lunch at the food centre (hawker stalls), and then I was off to facilitate a family Jewish education program at a friend's house. We talked about Shabbat, and I think it went pretty well. We had expected about 20 people, so I planned for that many, but when people started signing up, we saw that there was actually a bigger desire than we thought, so we ended up with FIFTY people. It was total chaos, but we worked through that, and I think our goals were accomplished. Hopefully they liked it.

The cat that we're friends with seems to have a boyfriend. He's always with her, he sort of watches her when she thinks about coming over, and he even was biting her neck and holding her in place at one time (I thought maybe they were going to consummate their relationship, but he just bit her. I feel like she's going to be an irresponsible teenage mother if she gets pregnant. Hopefully she'll make good decisions. Anyways, she's out, and it's 8:30, and I don't know where my kitties are.

No comments: