Sunday, June 28, 2015

Reunited with my Flip-Flops

I have been reunited with my flip-flops and it feels awesome.

We moved here at the end of December, and I didn't sit down for two days. I was about 16 weeks pregnant, and apparently that wasn't good for me. I ended up having to go to urgent care and then the ER to have my legs scanned to look for clots (I didn't have any)- and for the rest of my pregnancy I had AWFUL and super painful varicose veins. The backs of my legs were purple and bulgy. They hurt and throbbed if I stood up - even for five seconds. I kept my legs up as much as I could, and I got a prescription for super strength compression tights. I had to wear them every second of the day - from when I woke until bed. Showers hurt my legs. When I tried to not put them on - like to go get coffee before I got dressed, I was extremely uncomfortable. Putting on the tights took at least five minutes. I got cuts all over my fingers. There are far worse things in the world, but they sucked. The weather got nice, and I still had to wear the tights. No flip-flops. No shorts. Always had to wear pants and shoes. I got lighter slip-ons, which helped, but it was kinda depressing. People said they may go away when the baby comes, and they may not. I didn't (and don't) care too much if they go away - if you can still see them - but I was SOOO hoping they wouldn't hurt once the baby came out. I couldn't imagine putting those tights on after a c-section. Or in the hot days of summer. Or never wearing flip-flops.

Then the baby came out, and the veins are still there - though probably only about 30% of the intensity - and they don't hurt AT ALL! I can wear anything I want! It might not look amazing, but it doesn't hurt me! And I can wear my flip-flops again, and it is awesome. Hurray!!!

No comments: