Friday, October 5, 2012

Yoga in the Park

Today is my second day of part-time working. You can tell that I'm happier and that I have time, because I'm updating my blog three times in one week, after something like three months of no posting...

This morning Sam and I took her (Isaac's) car to the park for a little ride. She drove all around, and we ended up seeing a truck with a whole bunch of drums and colourful stuff - like stuff that they bring when they're doing a lion dance - like stuff that was involved in the super noisy parade outside our windows two nights ago. She hung out with all of the uncles, decorating the truck for a while. There was a little girl, Irene, who played with Sam in the sand, on the swings, and all around the park. Probably for an hour.

Then we saw a man doing yoga on the cement. Sam and I watched him for a while. He put his hands together and said, Namaste. She put her hands together, gave a little bow and said, sawadee-ka. He continued to do his sun salutations. She started to do hers. She reached her arms up, she touched her toes. She did downward dog. She did cobra. Here is a photo of her touching her toes while the uncle is in the background doing upward facing dog (that's dirt from sitting on the ground, not poo). At the end, she put her hands together, gave a little bow and said, namaste.

No comments: