Friday, July 4, 2008

>780 Showers

When I lived in the US I was usually a one shower a day kind of girl. If I happened to be particularly dirty, I would throw another one in for kicks. In Singapore there is no choice. As an environmentalist and a person who finds it a pain in the ass to get naked, I am still required to take at least two showers per day. Even if we sleep with the air con on, I still wake up sticky and gross, so the morning shower is obvious. Spending a day in this humid heat also leads you to take a shower before bed. The thought of getting in bed without taking a shower after doing anything grosses me out.

I have calculated that I have taken at least 780 showers since I moved to Asia. 366 (2008 was a leap year) x 2 plus 25 x 2 (I have been here for a year and 25 days). This equals 782. This is because while sometimes I have taken THREE showers in one day, there have also been a few Saturdays where I go to the market dirty. In addition each place we have traveled to also required two showers - except the biking trip in Thailand where there were not two showers available to us (and we got so disgusting within five minutes of biking, the morning shower wasn't worth it).

That's a lot of showers.

No comments: