Saturday, May 24, 2008

A Great Saturday

I have already written about how much I love Saturdays. This will be another post that supports that claim.

Today wasn't so abnormal, but it was great.

I walked to the doctor that ruled in August to get more bcp. Mind you I haven't had a pap, or whatever you should have to get that stuff, in about two years. The doctor asked me if I was feeling alright, and he took my blood pressure, and then gave me six months' supply. They rule again!! By the way - I think I'm almost dead. My blood pressure has gone into the double digits - 95/60. Kind of scares me. The cute-little-chinese-doctor told me that as long as I'm not giddy, I'll be fine, and I will even live a long time. Okay, I guess.

I did my weekly trip to the market where I got beautiful fruits and vegetables, fresh fish cake and tofu, peanut pancake and lots of happiness.

Our air conditioning was fixed. At least we can sleep in tomorrow morning. This will be the first time since we got back from the US. I know, I know - when you have kids you don't even remember what it's like to sleep in, but we don't, so we appreciate that we can.

Matt and I played two man settlers (with the smaller board that I discovered the other day). It was really fun - but he won a lot.

I cleaned the poo off the toilets. Sad that we have to wait for a friend to come stay with us to get me to do that (when I'm not doing a normal house clean). I wonder if it's normal to just have poo sitting on your toilet. I don't remember it from my house growing up. Maybe the toilet bowls are shaped differently so it doesn't really leave a mark? I don't remember.

Matt went to play basketball with the guys (Christian, our friend Evan, John, and my co-worker, Tom), so I took a bus to a mall called "Kallang Leisure Park." They have an ICE SKATING RINK!!! AND A BOWLING ALLEY!!! This is obviously new, and it's very exciting. My first thought was - eh - who needs another mall, but apparently I do. It's not too far from our house - a half hour bus ride, or probably a 10 minute taxi ride. They also have a fancy expat grocery store there, so I got a lot of fancy expat foods and spent about three times what I spent at the market and got about a third of the amount of food.

I saw Made of Honor. It was cute. I must say that I can't deal with movies when people love each other, but they can't be together. I don't know why, but they make me so sad. I don't think I had a traumatic experience with that at any time - just a long distance relationship in college, but is that enough to scar me this much? They make me really sad. The good news is that they almost always end up together, so I don't have to worry. I know I didn't ruin the ending of this movie for any of you, because it's totally obvious from the beginning.


Funny/weird things today:
1. The lady who runs the doctor's office clearly had a bad cold. Super stuffy and coughing all over the place. She didn't cover her mouth. They even have posters up in the waiting area telling people to cover their mouths.

2. I saw a cat that had a face just like our cat. Obviously he/she was very cute.

3. I saw a full-grown lady riding a bike with training wheels. Who said you ever really have to learn to ride a bike?

4. I got ice coffee at a hawker stall near the doctor, and they gave me luke warm coffee and melted ice (within two seconds). I was a demanding American and asked for more ice. It still melted too soon, and it was gross. I didn't drink much of it. :(

No comments: