Monday, May 12, 2008

Weird and Happy

Weird:
First I was in the water near the swimming area at Michigania and
boats kept almost hitting me, including Mark and Paula on (formerly)
our boat. Then lots of us were getting on a pontoon boat on the
boating dock. Bubby was yelling at me to make sure we had enough gas.
I was trying to figure out where the gas went and asked Simon (John's
ex) -- because, y'know, he had worked at boating
(though they only allowed him to help people sign up boats, so he
couldn't answer my question). There were others there too but I don't remember who.

Then we took off for the middle of the lake, plowing through a yellow
snow fence that had inexplicably been set up in the mooring area. We
started going pretty fast, and then we took off after hitting a wave
and caught some 'air' and were flying. We landed in Charlevoix a
couple blocks from the beach. We then carried the pontoon boat back to
the beach, where we ran into my (Toronto) roommate Neal.

This all happened after I was driving my car someplace up north and
stayed at a place that seemed vaguely like the Lacy's, but was also a
camp. I had 3 flat tires overnight and these strange guys in a van
showed up to try to change the tires while I was trying to find the
number for AAA in my cell phone (yet another instance of inability to
dial a phone in a nightmare of mine). Brenda Cohn was at this camp as
an apparent administrator, but this was the only familiar thing there.

(That was my brother's dream)

Happy:
Two friends are pregnant and one got engaged - and I found out about all of it in the last few days. YAY!!! I don't know how the preggers feel, so I won't broadcast here, though at least one of them is an avid blog-reader, so she can comment for her self if she so chooses to self-identify. The engaged one is my friend, Rachel, here in Singapore, whom I study Talmud with each week. She's excellent.

5 comments:

Owner, Corner #1 said...

Outed pregnant person and avid Melanie-blog reader :)

Daniel said...

Am I chopped liver?

Matt and Melanie Hildebrandt said...

Daniel - who are you, and I'll tell you if you're chopped liver (most likely not...).

Daniel said...

Apparently my engagement isn't blog worthy.

Daniel Wolf

Matt and Melanie Hildebrandt said...

Dan and Elissa's engagement is DEFINITELY blogworthy - and we just found out our OTHER friend is preggers. There are so many happy things. Dan - you are chopped liver, but we're still excited for you.