Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Yay Monsoons!

It's the monsoon season in Singapore.

I know that monsoons have ruined people's livelihoods.
Monsoons have probably killed lots of people - maybe even whole communities.
Rain makes some people depressed.
Let's face it, NO ONE likes to have wet feet...

But honestly, I love monsoon season so far. The temperature has really dropped. The sun isn't totally beating down, and it seems as though the humidity has gotten better as well. Yesterday I went running at 11:30 am! If I would have done that before November, I probably would have melted and died.

Today I was cold outside. I don't think I have sweat (other than when exercising) in two days. Amazing.

I have taken a picture of the rain outside of our apartment. I bet you can't really see that it's pouring and that the sidewalk area is totally soaked. You can just take my word for it.

I am still not working. My permission still hasn't come through. I have basically been running errands and doing things I haven't had time for in the past four months. This included taking my mother's diamond earrings to find out how much it would cost to get them reset in white gold. The woman cleaned them, and now they're super sparkly and pretty (they might not even need to get re-set, since they're so pretty now). I had dinner with two former co-workers. I looked for bags that are big enough to hold my shoes, a book and my lunch box yet not too ugly (no luck). I got new "we're not ready for children" drugs. I met a friend for lunch. Right now there is someone fixing the lock on our kitchen window that has been broken as well as making the water go down our sinks. In addition to all of this (and most important) is that I have watched seven Grey's Anatomys in the past three days. I absolutely love that show. I got nervous when Meredith died and came back to life, because I thought that was SUPER stupid, and I thought the show was going downhill, but the writers must have been sick for that episode. The rest are great. I love it.

Hopefully my permit will come through today. Otherwise I might have to suffer and go see a movie tomorrow.

No comments: