Monday, December 3, 2007

Today I am a Woman

Okay, I got my first period many years ago, but today I became a woman.

I was supposed to start work today, but my letter of consent didn't come through from the ministry of manpower (yet). I didn't know what to do with my day. I walked all over Orchard Road, but I'm a bit bored of shopping. I tried to find some fun "going out clothes," but I am really too lazy to shop. There's just no other excuse. I look for ten minutes, and then I think, "well, I don't REALLY need anything - I'll just wear the ONE hot top I have..." and then I leave.

I then went to the Jewish community where I was interrogated before they let me in to buy some hanukkah candles. Then I went to get some good American food at the ex-pat grocery store (bagels, tuna, cereal), but on the way I saw an eyebrow threading place. I don't have very much eyebrow, but I thought that it could stand to be cleaned up a bit. Cleaned up is my 'brow. Looks good, if I may say so. This was my first womany thing.

Then I got some groceries and made my way back to Bedok where we live. I then got a pedicure. My toes are pink (pedicure AND pink toes - womany things two and three...). Unfortunately I smudged one, so I had to get it fixed, and the whole deal took nearly two hours, but I read my book.

I hope I get to work soon. I'm not so good at not working (remember my first two months?!).

2 comments:

Jillian said...

Today, I embarked on my woman-y day as well. Massage, facial, manicure and pedicure. Pink for me too! I felt totally out of place but very much relaxed. Gift certificates kick ass.

Matt and Melanie Hildebrandt said...

Glad you were relaxed. I hope you enjoyed it! My toes do look nice...