Friday, December 7, 2007

I'm the Chopsticks Superstar

I'm back to unemployed Melanie. I wish I could appreciate it more, but honestly, if you don't have kids, what do you do all day? All there is to do is spend money, and I'm cheap, so that doesn't appeal to me too much. Once you cleaned up and got groceries, what else is there?

I even tried to fold the laundry that we hung two days ago, but it's not dry yet...

To get out of the house today I went to the mall. It's pretty close to our house, and they have skim milk, good cereals (I even saw Go Lean, but it was US$7.50 a box...), and lots of other foods that I appreciate every once in a while. I decided to get lunch there. They have this awesome thing (in Singapore - not only this mall), where you can choose a bunch of things, and then they'll put them all in a soup for you. I got bok choy, sea weed, some tofu thing, a fish ball or two, and something else that was green. You have to eat this with chopsticks in your dominant hand and a spoon in your support hand. The food court was super busy, so this cute family of three sat with me. The mom complimented me on my chopstick usage. She said that I was doing it correctly (parallel choppers), and that she wasn't able to do that (she crossed). She was Chinese. I felt proud.

Another observation:
You know how when you're swimming in the ocean, somehow the sea weed always seems to find your legs? It's like in Scooby Doo when the monster wraps himself around Shaggy...Anyways, I have always been pretty afraid of sea weed. Today when I was trying to catch the sea weed with my chopsticks, it was automatically attracted to the sticks - like it would have been to my leg. Reminds me of how pieces of egg shells are attracted to a larger piece of shell.

Yesterday I went to a movie, and it was freezing. I got back home, and it had been raining for about 37 (prime number) hours. I couldn't warm up. I wore long pants, a long sleeved hoodie AND socks! I couldn't believe it.

Unfortunately today it's hot again. My walk to East Coast Park has been nixed. Too hot.

No comments: