Sunday, December 23, 2007

Wat's up in Chiang Mai

Jer and I are in Chiang Mai. We have basically been watting since we got here. If you have been to Thailand you know what I'm talking about. There are Wats all over the place. Wats are temples. They're GORGEOUS, but honestly, how many can you see? Inside Chiang Mai itself there are 300! That's a lot, and it's far too many for us to see.

Turns out this posting is going to be shorter than I expected. I'm getting eaten alive by dengue and malarial mosquitoes (okay, they're probably not, but I'm my dad's daughter).

We have found the temples to be amazingly gorgeous, and we particularly love the guarding dragons. The wats also have great bathrooms. They're very clean.

We have walked around the city at least 20 times, and we have seen each street vendor at least 40. I think they sell their things in different parts of the city at different times (sometimes even at the same times!). There is actually great shopping here.

Today Jer and I took a Thai cooking class. We made some coconut soup, some amazing curry, some stir fry, some banana cake and some other things that I can't remember.

Our favorite food here is sticky rice with mango and a banana shake on the side.

NO MALARIA!! NO DENGUE!!

Must get inside.

No comments: