Saturday, December 15, 2007

Prostitutes

Tonight we went out for a friend's birthday. It was at a super fun/good food/great atmosphere restaurant downtown. We had a great time with her and her friends.

On the way home, Matt took me into a place called Orchard Towers. Apparently at night, this is one of the two places that prostitution is legal and regulated in Singapore. I am extremely inexperienced when it comes to prostitutes. Considering I have only seen them pretty much in the movies, I have to say that these were especially hot. They were gorgeous ladies! It was an office building that had a lot of closed stores, a few clubs, and a few open restaurants. The restaurants were filled with ladies.

When we walked away, we saw two walking ahead of us, and they were basically going after each white guy who was alone on the street. They didn't just give them looks, they also reached out and tickled their bellies (like Elmo) or dragged their fingers across their arms. I didn't see them succeed, but it was super interesting to see this in action.

If anyone knows any good books about life as a prostitute - memoirs or what not, please let me know. I'm totally intrigued.

No comments: