Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Dayeinu

In my life a few months ago, I traveled an hour and 20 minutes to work and then back home.
Now, I travel only 40 minutes each way.
It would have been enough.

In my life a few months ago, I couldn't get home before 8, and I was always super hungry for dinner (too hungry).
Now, I can be home by 7, and I am not even in a hurry to make dinner. Today I waited until nine, just because I could.
It would have been enough.

In my life a few months ago, I was so stressed by my job, I didn't really sleep.
Now, my alarm wakes me up, and I forget which country I'm in.
It would have been enough.

In my life a few months ago, I brought my lunch or I had three choices - fishball noodles, AMAZING Malay food, or something Chinese with lots of sauce.
Now, I can bring my lunch, eat a really good sandwich, eat really good hawker food, or eat anything else that I want.
It would have been enough.

In my life a few months ago, I worked in the bottom of a public housing building, and there was a dried up gecko on the bathroom floor (and one in my skirt, if you remember).
In my life now, I'm working in a beautiful building, on a high floor with a great view, in a GORGEOUS office.
It would have been enough.

The only problems are:
I miss my friends that I made at the old job.
I have a hard time wearing fancy clothes each day. I run out of ideas of what to wear, and my feet hurt from wearing heels. How do people do it?

3 comments:

lonnie said...

Find a job that allows comfortable shoes. It's a recipe for a happy life.
Love ya,
Lonnie

Davida Robinson said...

your mom is the comfortable shoe expert

she will take you shopping

dayeinu

Matt and Melanie Hildebrandt said...

I think that lesbians used to be called women in comfortable shoes, right?

If you ever think my mom and I would dream of shopping...we both hate it. :) I think that the two of us shopping would last about five minutes, and then we would just decide that we don't REALLY need anything, and then we would go to starbucks.