Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Don't judge and Indian by her hair colo(u)r

My ex-co-worker (I have lots of those at this point) told me that in India, you don't really describe a person by how they look. In America we might say, "you know, the Indian woman with the long hair" or someone might describe Matt as "short, light brown hair, blue eyes, skinny, about six feet tall" (btw - the short described his hair, not his length). Anyways, Deeksha, the co-worker, said that people find other ways to describe people by their skin color, their hair color, their eye color, etc.

It was fun to have my parents in town. We/they toured on the week, and we relaxed a lot on the weekend. We ate a lot (did you get that from my dad's posting?!). They're in Thailand right now. Lucky them.

In other interesting news, Splinter has not come back. It's been 20 days.

Matt has become quite attracted to this little kitten in our complex. I'm sure I have written about her. There were two black and white kitties, and one that looked exactly like Splinter. They also had a mom. The kitten that looked like Splinter disappeared (aka died) a few months ago, and then when Splinter disappeared, the other kitten and the mom disappeared as well (hopefully not aka died). The remaining kitty is very helpless and very cute. Matt has taken to feeding her and watering her. She has developed a limp, so we took her to the vet tonight. They did an ex-ray on her little leg, and they said that it's broken at the top of the femur, and it's totally facing the wrong way. Poor kitty. They said we can amputate it or just leave her alone, and that in a few weeks she will learn to walk without it bothering her TOO much. I hope she feels better soon. They gave us some calcium stuff to squirt into her mouth. I don't want her living in our house though, and I WON'T give her a name, because that means I might love her, and then she will leave, and I don't think I can handle that again.

Also, Marla got married this weekend. I was really sad not to be there. It's so hard not to be at major events of people you love and grew up with! Sad. MAZAL TOV!!!

Happy Halloween. They don't really do that so much here, but Matt just saw a few kids going trick or treating. Thank god my dad left some m&ms in our apartment...

No comments: