Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Spring Updates

While I have written about our trip to the Cotswolds in Jan, skiing in France in Feb, the Spurs game and Wales and now my grandma, I haven't posted other updates or pics.

I went to the US for Grandma Elyse's funeral. She was my good friend, Sarah's mom, and I loved her so much. I love their whole family, but I really had a special relationship with her, and I was grateful to be able to be with their family to celebrate her life and say goodbye. She was Grandma Elyse even to my kids. She was the best baker and knitter, and such a great listener. She cared so much about me and my kids. She and I shared an intense hatred for smells/perfumes and a lot of other similarities. I sent her a lot of "x made me think of you" texts. We miss her already. I came back from this and went skiing later that day with the family in France. It was intense, but I was so lucky to do it all.

I co-managed logistics for a HUGE global festival at school. 1,700 people. It turned out amazing, and I was honored to be a part of it.

Sam was a brainiac in High School Musical, the middle school musical this year. What a fun performance! (And also a LOT of work!).

Susie came to visit, and we spent a glorious weekend in the Cotswolds - doing a few things I had done with my family but mostly new things. Beautiful hikes. Delicious food. A garden centre that she loved - and I loved watching her love.

Matt went to Michigan for a fraternity reunion and Gabon and Benin. It was his first time back in Benin since he was in the Peace Corps. He loved it and reconnected with a few people and places.

Jer came to visit, and we walked around a LOT, ate amazing food and really enjoyed time in London. He got to go to Elie's musical.

I started working in Jan, and that has made me a lot busier and happier. I like being productive.

Matt went to Boston for a week and DC for a week (he was able to come in for the day for Grandma's funeral). Lots of Matt travel - 2 two weeks trips! But not much coming in the next few months, so we will get used to having him around again.

While in Michigan for the funeral, we were 99% with family, but we also realized the Michigan Spring "game" was Saturday. So we went to the game - MICHIGAN vs MICHIGAN! THEY WON!!! And Jill and her kids met us there - their first time in the Big House! We loved it and we were also ready to go. 

Since kids were missing 4 days of school last week, we really couldn't keep them out for the seders this week too. Would have been 8 school days if we stayed for seders in Michigan. So we opted to prioritize family over halacha, and we had a seder with my family who was in town on Saturday and with Matt's parents and brother on Sunday. We flew back Monday evening. It definitely feels weird, but it worked.

When I was at Grandma Elyse's funeral, we had tickets to Hamilton, so Sam got to bring a friend! They all loved it.

Koby had a Dudes' Night one Friday. He had 2 friends come home from school and one came later. They had pizza and played video games and had the best time.

Video games ARE interactive for 8 year olds!

Mimosas in bloom. They're so vibrant.

In Hampstead we have cops on horses! Always surprises me. Hard to look away.

Our heat wasn't working for a few days. Thank goodness for the space heaters and fire places.

Elie and his friend (and Koby) had a few bake sales outside our house (you can see our mews in the background)

Susie staring at a whole field of dead sunflowers

what a gift to spend the weekend talking

The Cotswolds




When I rounded this corner in January w my family, I said, "Susie would LOVE THIS. We need to come here." and sure enough, when we got to this corner, Susie couldn't stop taking pics.

Elie participated in his first robotics competition. His was the tiny team on the right (they were the youngest in the competition)

and here on the left

Settlers with Jer

Cherry blossoms are AMAZING near our house, but my kids hate that I love them and get so annoyed. Hence the lack of smiles.

They share playdates sometimes. This is Elie's friend who Koby loves too.

Mini golfing with Bubbie and Zaydie while in MI

We have been to SO many games together. So fun to do another!


Missing all of the people who didn't come in for grandma's funeral - basically my mom's side of the family. And my mom, not a spring chicken, threw together a last minute seder for 23!!! Not easy!!

This was a pic that my grandpa drew of the Nazis coming to his city. They had it out during shiva, so I snagged someone's pic.

No comments: