Friday, January 9, 2009

INSEAD Blogging

I just had a discussion with another INSEAD blogger, but she's for real an INSEAD blogger. I happen to be blogging while I'm at INSEAD, but I'm not super comfortable blogging about INSEAD too much. I don't actually think I have so many INSEAD readers, right? (You can let me know!)

Apparently many people have been reading her blog before they came to Singapore. Pretty funny. She offers good insight on what it's like for us here.

In the spirit...some reflections about what's been going on at INSEAD for the past week. As I mentioned earlier in the week, there are MANY new people, but as I'm getting to meet them and seeing them multiple times, they're becoming familiar faces. It is taking a bit longer to meet people, since they as well as we already have people we're comfortable with, so it takes a bit more of an effort to reach out and meet new people.

My new group (Italian, Dutch, Canadian (French), Singaporean, Ghanaian) had our first presentation of the term today. It was a bit rushed for us, since we met on Monday, and then right away we had to start working on it, but we basically had to show why India has a brighter future than China, and that this is due to democracy. I do believe that India will excel beyond China, but I'm not sure it's because of democracy. The presentation was great, and I think we got most of the arguments right on. That was our only group assignment in that class! We also work together for Macroeconomics, but those projects haven't started yet.

I have my first negotiation on Monday. I will be trying to negotiate the salary of Michael Jordan of the S. American soccer movement. Wish me luck.

In other news, I accidentally scheduled my birthday party for the night of the big INSEAD integration party with the new P1s, this Saturday night. Oops. Once I found out, though, it was too late to change it, since I invited mostly outside of INSEAD people anyways. Another party I'm missing...won't affect my record too much!

Matt has been crawling into bed this week at 5:30 am, and then I wake up at 6. Pretty funny, but it's been nice to sleep together and also have our own bed for nearly the entire night. The cat doesn't sleep with me when he's gone, though. I don't know where she has been sleeping. She brought in a lizard (a baby!) three different times last night. Oy.

No comments: