Saturday, September 6, 2008

Lahser and Facebook

I graduated from Lahser High School. I don't think I can accurately remember what high school was like, or what the people were like, but at the time it seemed to me as a very diverse place - people from lots of different cultural backgrounds, and a small variety of socio-economic situations. People in general were privileged, and for the most part, I think we were a pretty smart school/class with many people who were going to go somewhere.

Facebook has a function where you can see all of the people who graduated from your school the same year as you, so I just checked that out - just to see who's on and obviously what they look like. I saw a few things:

1) There are a LOT of children. Most have young babies, but it does seem that a large percentage have kids. Scary a little bit.

2) I actually counted that 20 of the 87 people live in Michigan, which is more than I expected, but still sort of sad if you think about it. I feel bad for Michigan's economy - and worse for the people it affects.

3) There were a few people who definitely were not in our class. I have no idea who they are.

4) I only saw two other person who live abroad - someone lives in Korea, and Dustin lives in London (but I don't think he's actually in the LHS '96 list for some reason).

5) There seems to be a ton of people in the LA area. I wonder if that's a weather thing or what. How did they all get there?

No comments: