Wednesday, November 7, 2007

I have no patience for crooked walkers. You know those people who walk next to you, and then they start edging into your personal space (DAD!), and then you have to readjust your line. Finally, they make a quick cut right - DIRECTLY in front of you, and you have to actually stop (make a face) and turn in another direction.

These people are totally unpredictable. Thank goodness they're not behind the wheel, because just when you expect them to keep up their pace, they totally stop and look around as if they're lost (but they're really on the platform for the MRT). They are dangerous if you're zoning, and they're just annoying.

In New York, other than Times Square where there are just too many people and tourists, when you're WALKING, you stay left, and when you're slower or lost, you move to the right. Overall, it's pretty well organized. In Singapore, there are crooked walkers all over the place! I try to move to the right, since they drive on the left here, but that doesn't work. I say, "excuse me. Excuse me." But that's not that effective. When I actually nudge people, I don't even think they notice. What's the solution?

On a totally different note...Matt and I were walking home from a totally delicious and fun Thai dinner with friends, and we heard a really loud noise. As we walked more and more it got louder and louder. Finally we stopped, and we noticed that it was coming from the gutters underground! It was LOUD ASS frogs!

The little kitty is growing on me. Tonight when I was petting her, she kept crawling into my lap and sitting cutely. It's cute when something crawls into your lap. There is just no one who can disagree with that.

Tonight starts Deepavali here in Singapore (and in most places with Indians...). Deeksha, my (ex)co-worker was explaining that they all get dressed super nice, clean their homes, light a lot of lamps and eat special foods. I wish we were going to be around to celebrate it. Next year...

2 comments:

Jillian said...

I think this might be your first post without a title... What's a reader to do?!?!?

CR said...

Hey - It has been too long since I have spoken to you guys. Just wanted to know I was thinking of you and hope you find your way back to NYC some time.

Best,
Casson